WHO ARE WE?
African Rainbow Family (ARF) is a registered grassroots charity that supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, and queer (LGBTIQ) people of African heritage and the wider Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic groups.
- Support for LGBTIQ refugees and people seeking asylum
- Campaigning for global LGBTIQ equality
- Stand against hate crimes
- Support communities who face constant harassment, hate crimes and discrimination heaped on them by an ignorant society because of their sexuality or sexual preferences and or gender identity
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our Programme and Services
- Signposting to immigration advice and other mainstream services.
- Organise social events and activities.
- Offer free counselling.
- Support LGBTIQ people seeking asylum with no recourse to public fund by subsidising transport fares and other costs such as food.
- Support our destitute members with weekly subsistence.
- Offer hot meals for members.
- Offer moral and practical supports to people in detention centres.
- Offer moral support and evidence in court.
- Offer buddy support for members to sign at immigration reporting centres.
The Need and Beneficiaries
- Our beneficiaries are LGBTIQ+ people including those seeking asylum and refuge.
- They have no recourse to public funds.
- They are in social isolation.
- Poor mental health and wellbeing.
- We are ‘experts by experience’ therefore understand their plights and how to be supported.