General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
As a valued friend and ally of African Rainbow Family, you are incredibly important to us. Whether you have donated your money, time, empathy and support of any kind to African Rainbow Family, you are an integral part of African Rainbow Family’s past, present and future.
We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and promise to be open about the data we hold about you and how we use it to involve you with the work of the organisation.
As you may well be aware, the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into force on 25th May 2018, gives organisations even greater responsibility for protecting the personal information they hold.
In accordance with the new legislation, we like to inform you on how we process your personal information and how we use it to give you the best possible experience as a friend and ally of African Rainbow Family.
African Rainbow Family processes information in pursuit of the following activities, which we may carry out by mail, email, telephone and social media:
- Sending updates about African Rainbow Family’s publications;
- Notification of our newsletter and events;
- Fundraising programmes;
- Reaching out for support in detention campaign
- Reaching out for support in anti-deportation campaign
- For volunteering opportunities
- As appropriate to organisation’s work in compliance with the law